The trinity plaque is handmade at the foothills of the Sperrin mountains in Ireland. It is made from a textured
stoneware clay and finished with various coloured glazes and rich metallic oxide.
Hessian string is attached to hang the plaque.
Local ceramic artist, Michelle Butler, uses a handmade mould to press the plaque from.
Each piece is pressed, finished, dried, biscuit fired, glazed and finally fired again to 1230 degrees centigrade.
The trinity knot, or triquetra is a tripartate symbol composed of three interlocked pieces, marking the intersection
of three circles. It is most commonly a symbol of the Holy Trinity ( Father, Son, Holy Spirit) used by the celtic,
christain church, sometimes stylised as three interlaced fish. It is a perfect representation of the concept of
'three in one' in christain trinity beliefs. It is one of the earliest christain symbols, predating the cruifix by hundreds of years.
Like all celtic knots the triquetra is constructed of one continuous line interweaving around itself symbolising no beginning
or end, an eternal spiritual life.